Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Little Talks

I woke up this morning and my mind was the New Jersey Turnpike
I woke up and the thoughts I stuffed in a suitcase and buried in the back yard rose from the dead like dark spirits on a full moon
The crack in my small bridge became a full fledged safety concern and I finally asked myself a question that should have been asked a long time ago:
What does my love look like?
I don't usually entertain that question, I don't sit down and close my eyes and visualize love
But when I did it scared me
Because my love was always leaving, was always double-sided with impure intentions
The love I saw looked nervous and paranoid
Well I looked in the mirror and asked myself where this thought came from?
The devil spoke to me again and said "you think I'm going anywhere?"
He said, "I'll be waiting for you everyday for the rest of your life, and frankly, right now... I don't think you're strong enough to handle what I have for you"
All I could do was shake my head, close my eyes, and pray for the thoughts to stop.
He's right, I'm probably not strong enough.
______________________________________________________________
Don't listen to a word I say.
The screams all sound the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment