Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The long winding ride home...

"I remember- Monday making your eyes red.
Still don't know what it is that I said."


_____________________________________________________

"And I shout that you're all fake
and you should have seen the look on your face
and I guess that's what it takes
when comparing your belly aches.
And it's been a long time
which agrees with this watch of mine.
And I know that I missed you.
And I'm sorry if I dissed you."


______________________________________________________

And now I see and hear things that are not there.
And it's only right if no one cares.
But this long drive is where I feel safe.
I don't feel like the world is wrong.
I'm not wrong in this car with my hands at 10 and 2 or 8 and 4..
Or with no hands at all.
My words disappear when they exit my mouth and I search for them, but they really are gone.
Forgetting the first song, and the last song. I vaguely even remember the middle parts.
I know it was dark and tragic and full of "woe is me's".
Full of empty fog that blocks the road of my thoughts.
A big full wall of fog that is nothing more than thick water droplets suspended in the atmosphere.
It blocks the truth from entering each and every orifice of my being.
Reading words to try and absorb them.
It won't be the words that save me.
Not sitting, not believing, not achieving.
Truth will need every brain cell, every movement, every phoneme.

No comments:

Post a Comment